$numero_aleatorio = mt_rand(0,4);
CASA DE ILLANA (D.O. Ribera del Júcar)
The amazing winery of Bodegas Casa de Illana is called Finca Buenavista, and it was built in 1626. Still in the same family, which has been making wine for four generations now, Finca Buenavista is the center of the philosophy of the winery: tradition and artisan spirit.
Bodegas Casa de Illana owns more than 9,000 hectares of land, 100 of which are planted with the native Cencibel (Tempranillo), Bobal and Moscatel de Grano Menudo, and also with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc.
The soils are poor and filled with river pebbles from the river Jucar (that gives name to the DO). These pebbles are the perfect insulation for the ground, and reflect the sun light on to the grapes, which intensifies the ripening process.
The winery has the most modern technology to make wines that keep the tradition of the area, but also agree with modern palates. Javier Prosper and his wife (owners) are both wine makers. Javier is also the President of this Denomination of Origen: Ribera del Jucar.
- CASA DE ILLANA JOVEN 2006 (Red Wine - 85% Tempranillo, 15% Syrah)
- CASA DE ILLANA 3de5 CRIANZA 2009 (Red Wine - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot & Syrah)
- CASA DE ILLANA TRADICION 2007 (Red Wine - 45% Bobal, 30% Tempranillo, 25% Syrah - 89 POINTS ROBERT PARKER VALUE WINES FROM SPAIN)
- CASA DE ILLANA SELECCION 2006 (50% Petit Verdot, 50% Syrah 92 POINTS ROBERT PARKER)
- CASA DE ILLANA CARMEN 2007 (White Wine - Sauvignon Blanc)
- CASA DE ILLANA BLANCO 2008 (50% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Moscatel - 89 POINTS ROBERT PARKER)
- PETIT YLLANA BOBAL 2012 (100% Bobal)
- PETIT YLLANA PETIT VERDOT 2011 (100% Petit Verdot)
Casa Ventura Imports, Inc. Bellingham, WA. · Tel: + 1 360 303 1760 · Fax: + 1 360 684 5578 © Casa Ventura Imports 2008.